Arval UK Ltd Cookies Policy
What are Cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and number that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer (or other device such as mobile phone) if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer (or device's) hard drive. There are different types of cookies, we have explained below the types of cookies we use.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, such as to book your vehicle's service online.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and our marketing and advertising more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third Party Cookies
- The majority of the cookies that are placed on your computer from this website are generated by Arval . As explained above our website also uses third party cookies which are cookies placed on your computer originating from another website.
- Arval utilises third party digital advertising suppliers to display our advertisements on selected websites.
- Arval makes no representations or warranties connected with third party cookies.
- Web beacons are sometimes used in conjunction with cookies to gain an understanding of which advertisements deliver the most enquiries.
- We may use Doubleclick floodlight tags, sometimes referred to as pixels or web beacons, in conjunction with Doubleclick cookies for reporting purposes, providing information such as how and where you were referred to our site, along with the time and date of your visit. These tags may also be used to collect non-sensitive information that you voluntarily submit to our website, such as company name and contact number.
- Arval uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool which helps us understand how visitors engage with our website. This analytics tool uses its own cookies to track visitor interactions, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to our site before, and what site referred the visitor to our web page. All information is collected anonymously and no personally identifiable information is captured. Arval aggregates this anonymous information to provide meaningful reports, such as which areas of the site are most popular. This analysis is utilised to improve our website and how visitors find it.
- Please note if you alter these settings you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
- You may also choose to delete the cookies already stored on your computer, but in doing so, this may momentarily impede the website's performance, or have a negative impact on any existing session you have with this website.
- For comprehensive information, including how to restrict, block and delete cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org