Arval is a UK, European and Global leader in Sustainable Mobility. Mobility is as simple as someone moving from point A to point B however and whenever they chose. Research pre and post COVID shows us that for 2020 and beyond developing existing products and introducing new ones into the mix, will give our customers what they want. Luckily at Arval, changing, growing and evolving are our strengths so we are ideally positioned to provide our broad customer base with a comprehensive range of safe, sustainable and cost effective solutions and so ensure every Journey they have is a good one. Culturally, we are a friendly bunch - more human than corporate and you will find our office environment welcoming.
Arval: For the many journeys in life
About the role
In this role, you will provide technical Financial Security (FS) advice across all Arval business areas, on regulatory issues and industry changes, by assisting the business to comply with group policies and UK regulatory requirements (i.e. with regards to anti-money laundering, financial sanctions and broader financial crime issues).You will have a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Perform 2LOD compliance monitoring reviews, including:
- Reviewing business compliance with regulatory rules and guidance;
- Reporting on findings and remedial actions, where necessary;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to discuss findings and agree actions;
- Recording compliance monitoring findings and remediation plans via internal systems and tracking through to completion;
- Performing regular compliance monitoring controls;
- Preparation of regular and ad hoc reporting as required, for local, territory and group level reporting;
- Preparation of periodic regulatory returns;
- Responsible for oversight of internal compliance monitoring dashboards through:
- Compiling key data to measure the business’s performance with regulatory requirements;
- Trend and anomaly analysis to determine potential and actual compliance risks within the business;
- Preparation and presentation of findings for internal Committees and reports;
- Maintaining and updating the 2LOD compliance policies and procedures library and liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure the timely review of policies and procedures;
- Update compliance policies and procedure documents on a periodic basis and compiling new documents as required;
- Monitoring of compliance regulations and industry publications in order to support the Legal and Regulatory Watch framework;
- Production of routine and ad hoc internal compliance communications.
Pay Zone B1
To be successful in this role you will have worked for an FCA regulated company within Financial Services, but you do not necessarily need to have Compliance experience. We will happily consider someone with experience gained in Audit, Monitoring and Controls as well as generalist Compliance roles. You will have had some level of ownership though for policy and procedure to be considered.
Your communication skills will be sound so you will have the ability to simplify and communicate regulatory requirements clearly at all levels across the business.
Over time, you will possess a broad understanding of Arval’s business along with applicable laws and regulations and will be able to potentially develop into more technically specialist roles.
Successful applicants will be invited via email, to complete an automated online video interview so you can tell us all about yourself before we decide who to select for interview. This can be done on your mobile phone, tablet or laptop 24/7 so gives you complete flexibility. Full instructions and a Hints & Tips video will follow.
What’s in it for you?
Our employees are important to us and being owned by a bank, we all benefit from some excellent perks. Take a look at these:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension (the company will add in up to 10% into your pension pot every month)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) Pro rated
- Competitive basic salary upto £40K
- Annual Bonus £1725
- Volunteering Days
- Charity Fundraising
- Talent Programs
Here is a recent video we put together that shows life at Arval:- https://youtu.be/dwYJZ1WfGno
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you are looking for in 2021, then we would love to hear from you. Why not apply today?
At Arval, we celebrate the diverse nature of our customers and so strive to develop diverse teams in which everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. This means we actively encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility and believe everyone has a voice and the opportunity to make an impact.
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specialises in full service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers – large international corporates, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions that optimise their employees’ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations of Arval’s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by over 6,500 employees. Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1,103,835 vehicles throughout the world (December 2017).
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.