Location – Swindon (HYBRID)
About the role
As a Treasury Accountant you will be joining an experienced and welcoming team based within the Swindon. Reporting to the Finance Manager responsible for Statutory Reporting and Treasury, the Treasury Accountant will take ownership for the delivery of the company’s Treasury hedging strategy for the mitigation of the Rate and Liquidity risk. This includes long-term funding plans and shorter term cashflow monitoring and forecasting. You will work with the group Treasury function at Arval Corporate Centre to report the company’s performance, work on new funding lines and projects and on ad-hock queries.
You will also take ownership for month end closing accounting processes and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
You will be able to;
- Evaluate data and carry out monthly funding processes. Model future funding position and make recommendations to minimise company’s rate and liquidity risk.
- Take part actively in the implementation of new funding lines, including processes and procedures and other related activities.
- Preparation and processing of internal and external financial data to comply with company standards.
- Liaising with the group Treasury function to report performance and other queries.
- Arranging long-term loans and foreign exchange transactions with funding partner.
- Maintain banking relationships
- Ownership of month end processes, Balance Sheet reconciliations, intercompany recharges and supplier reconciliations, including procedure maintenance and documentation.
You will have experience working in a Finance team within a large organisation preferably in a treasury function and have a finance qualification or be part qualified. Ideally with experience of group reporting with tight deadlines.
You will be highly competent Microsoft Excel user, able to confidently use Pivot Tables, vlookup's and advance formulae in your day to day work.
Using your excellent organisation skills you manage your workload to ensure deadlines are met. You can absorb information effectively and be confident in your own ability.
Key areas of Ambiguity, Authority and Autonomy;
- Treasury knowledge
- Accounting knowledge
- Forecasting / modelling
- Roll supported by Finance Manager – Statutory Reporting & Treasury
- Group Finance policies
- Financial Accounting standards
Pay Zone Level B1 with a starting salary of between £30-40K, bonus of upto £1,900 plus fantastic benefits.
We operate a hybrid working option, this gives you up to 2 days working from home per week; You will be eligible, once training is complete and you are fully competent in the role. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility and believe everyone has a voice and the opportunity to make an impact.
You will also enjoy the outstanding benefits including;
- Private Healthcare (AXA PPP)
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension scheme
- A range of personal flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free Parking and Gym onsite
- Access to great discounts on our products and services
- To celebrate your 1st year you can enjoy a ½ holiday or a £75 Love2Shop voucher
- Paid eye tests and £50 towards your lenses
- Fantastic onsite café
- Volunteering days
- Charity Fundraising
Culturally, we are a friendly bunch - more human, than corporate. We expect a lot but know that works both ways so offer our Journey Makers all the support they need. Going forward this will include a flexible approach with split office/ home working options too. When we are back in, you will find our offices inviting, relaxed and refreshing.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the recruitment professionals at ARVAL initially, following a screening call over the phone you then maybe asked to complete a video interview using SONRU. Those shortlisted will be invited attend a face to face interview in the office with Ben.
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specialises in full service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers – large international corporates, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions that optimise their employees’ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations of Arval’s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by over 6,500 employees. Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1,103,835 vehicles throughout the world (December 2017).
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.