About the role
Arval is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced working environment.
The role reports to the Legal Director and will see you partnering with our Remarketing Director, Operations Director, Head of Procurement and our data privacy specialists. You will be a member of a small legal team within Arval UK, but part of the wider legal community of lawyers in the Arval and BNP Paribas groups, working with colleagues in London and Paris on a regular basis.
Hybrid working (up to 2 days working from home per week).
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Partnering with Remarketing, Operations and Procurement as their primary legal contact; building an excellent knowledge of these areas to ensure that the legal requirements are met that legal risk is managed, and that legal support is provided as necessary in respect of supplier contracts across the business
- Managing any contentious matters arising in respect of your areas of responsibility
- Building an in-depth knowledge of digital to assist in providing proactive support on digital initiatives, working alongside and supporting other legal team members
- Providing specialist support to the business and other members of the legal team in respect of data privacy
- Management of trademarks in conjunction with Arval Corporate and Marketing
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory development, keeping the business and legal colleagues informed and taking proactive steps, eg. ensuring that relevant template documents remain fit for purpose
- Participating in relevant Arval Corporate and BNP Paribas IP and IT fora, including as a contributor to the Digital & IP platform
You Should Have:
- At least 5 years PQE ideally with in-house experience in a regulated environment.
- Strong legal skills, with experience of procurement and commercial contracts and contract negotiations, data privacy and digital, with expertise in some areas. Litigation experience would be an advantage
- Excellent people skills, and familiarity and confidence working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Gravitas, mature communication and influencing skills, be able to communicate technical information clearly and concisely to internal stakeholders and be able to negotiate your way through a challenging fast paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
Culturally, we are a friendly bunch - more human, than corporate. We expect a lot but know that works both ways so offer a fantastic employee experience end to end.
All our offices are welcoming and refreshed to reflect our new ways of working in a post-COVID, forward thinking digital and hybrid setting. You will be given the perfect environment to do your work to the highest standards possible, as well as the opportunities to develop your own career.
You will be joining a family – we’re an excellent mix of new and longer serving employees, all working together to constantly improve the service we offer all our customers. Sharing experience, ideas and creative solutions is what we do best.
Being part of the wider BNP Paribas group, not only are we part of global brand making a positive difference, but we all benefit from some excellent perks.
This is a Pay Zone B3 role so comes with a company car or car allowance (£458pcm) and an annual bonus of up to £8,100. You will also enjoy the standard benefits like Private Healthcare (AXA PPP), Life Assurance, a great Company Pension scheme, a range of personal flexible benefits, as well as the usual 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), and access to great discounts on our products and services.
We’re also proud that we can offer you things that money just can’t buy:
- Progressive career development opportunities through our dedicated Learning and Development team. Check out our approach to learning here on our Dare2Discover intro film!
- Many opportunities to participate in CSR and Climate Sustainability action
- A huge range of volunteering days (we actively encourage our people to volunteer and participate in charity work)
- Hybrid working options (working in the office / at home or a remote location that suits your personal circumstance)
- Access to first class Mental Health support (onsite through our MH First Aiders or through our dedicated MH support line)
- An array of Talent Development opportunities local (UK) and globally within Arval Group / BNP Paribas
- And an employee culture that is focussed on creating a great place to work for all our employees – whether you are here for a temporary stay or with us for a lifetime
We are proud to celebrate the diverse nature of our customers and our diverse teams, where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. We support all our local communities and groups and actively encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to become part of our family. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age – or any other category you can think of, and we have a strong “speak up” culture through which we support and ally with all groups our employees identify with.
We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility and believe everyone has a voice and the opportunity to make an impact.
Here’s a recent video we put together that shows life at Arval: The Journey Makers
We are Europe’s No.1 vehicle leasing provider with a clear vision for sustainable mobility. Mobility is as simple as someone moving from point A to point B, however and whenever they choose. We know that for 2021 and beyond, being innovative and creative, developing existing products and introducing new ones quickly into the mix is what our customers want, whilst we also focus on leading the way forward on Climate Action within the mobility industry.
Luckily, at Arval, we have an excellent pedigree in all things mobility, and the launch of our five year plan, Arval Beyond, puts us out in front, leading the way. Find out more about our plan here: Arval Beyond
We truly believe all our employees help us shape our story – and make history in the process. Come, join our family, and be part of it too.
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specialises in full service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers – large international corporates, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions that optimise their employees’ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations of Arval’s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by over 6,500 employees. Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1,103,835 vehicles throughout the world (December 2017).
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.