Arval is a UK, European and Global leader in Sustainable Mobility. Mobility is as simple as someone moving from point A to point B however and whenever they chose. Research pre and post COVID shows us that for 2020 and beyond developing existing products and introducing new ones into the mix, will give our customers what they want. Luckily at Arval, changing, growing and evolving are our strengths so we are ideally positioned to provide our broad customer base with a comprehensive range of safe, sustainable and cost effective solutions and so ensure every Journey they have is a good one. Culturally, we are a hard-working, friendly bunch - more human than corporate and you will find our office environment relaxing and welcoming.
Arval: For the many journeys in life
We currently lease out over 170,000 vehicles in the UK that from time to time need maintenance, servicing and repair. In this role, you will check that the work being recommended by garages (on the 1 Link System) on our vehicles is actually needed. Using your technical expertise, you will either authorise the work to be done, or challenge the garage and suggest an alternative more cost effective solution. Relationships with internal customers, drivers and garages is key to your success in this role as is the ability to update systems and databases.
Pay Zone level – A4
We are looking for someone
- Ideally, a qualified motor vehicle technician with NVQ level 2/3 equivalent with knowledge of the 1 Link system.
- Effectively manage VOR incidents whilst key accounts assets are in the workshop, liaising with suppliers and manufactures to ensure vehicles are back on the road in a timely manner.
- Be the first point of contact for customers with technical enquiries, issues and complaints offering innovative resolutions using your expert knowledge in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction, whilst also demonstrating business commercial acumen.
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical data and communicate back to client or internal audiences in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients, drivers, partners, manufacturers and dealers along with internal departments in order to secure the customer’s satisfaction to achieve business objectives.
- Pro-actively identify process improvements.
- Evaluate and manage the whole life maintenance of vehicles making recommendations in the interests of both clients and company, along with managing the downtime of “in life” vehicles effectively and efficiently.
- Support and advise all other Arval departments in relation to SMR issues.
- LCV experience would be the icing on the cake!
- You will need to have proven customer service skills and be able to build relationships quickly and be comfortable challenging the decisions of garages.
Key Skills required:
- Impressive communication (verbal & written) skills
- Qualified (ideally) motor vehicle technician
- Efficient and accurate working style
- Team player with Customer focus
Successful applicants will be invited via email to complete an automated online video interview so you can tell us all about yourself before we decide who to select for interview. This can be done on your mobile phone, tablet or laptop 24/7 so gives you complete flexibility. Full instructions and a Hints & Tips video will follow.
What's in it for you?
Our employees are really important to us and being owned by a bank, we all benefit from some excellent perks. Take a look at these:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension (the company will add in up to 10% into your pension pot every month)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive basic salary upto £26,000
- Bonus up to £1,000pa
- Volunteering Days
- Charity Fundraising
- CSA involvement actively encouraged
- Access to Talent programs
Here is a recent video we put together that shows life at Arval:- https://youtu.be/dwYJZ1WfGno
If you have the skills and ambition why not apply today!
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specialises in full service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers – large international corporates, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions that optimise their employees’ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations of Arval’s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by over 6,500 employees. Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1,103,835 vehicles throughout the world (December 2017).
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.