Valuable information, tools and advice for you to view and download.
Prevent JS Alert
AUDI A4 Diesel Saloon
Audi A4 Review
• Superb interior quality
• Efficient engine range
• Excellent whole-life costs
Arval’s pick of the range: Audi A4 Sport 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra manual
Audi A4 - Overview
Launched in autumn 2015, the Audi A4 mid-sized saloon (and estate, under the A4 Avant name), quickly became a company car staple due to its refinement, improved drive, great connectivity, seriously high-class interior, lower emissions and practicality. The Audi A4 also has added appeal thanks to the option of quattro four-wheel drive.
What is the Audi A4 like to drive?
The latest generation Audi A4 is now on equal terms with the class best: the BMW 3-series, and the Jaguar XE. Direct steering gives the driver confidence in the corners, while selecting four-wheel drive provides one of the most sure-footed cars in its class. Fortunately, the A4 hasn’t lost any of its comfort or refinement levels that the Audi brand is known for. Motorway miles are eaten up with ease thanks to supportive seats and suspension that cushions well, and the driver is extremely well insulated from engine and road noise too.
Which engines and gearboxes are available?
- 1.4 TFSI 150hp, 126-133g/km CO2 (26-27% BIK), 51.4mpg
- 2.0 TFSI 190hp, 116-139g/km CO2 (24-28% BIK), 44.8-53.3mpg
- 2.0 TFSI Quattro 252hp, 136-147g/km CO2 (28-30% BIK), 47.9-44.1mpg
- S4 3.0 TFSI Quattro 354hp, 166-175g/km CO2 (34-36% BIK), 38.7-37.2 mpg
- 2.0 TDI 150hp, 99-112g/km CO2 (23-26% BIK), 65.7-70.6mpg
- 2.0 TDI 190hp, 102-120g/km CO2 (24-28% BIK), 61.4-68.9mpg
- 3.0 TDI 218hp, 114-126g/km CO2 (26-29% BIK), 58.9-64.2mpg
- 3.0 TDI 272hp, 139g/km CO2 (31% BIK), 53.3mpg
- 6-speed manual
- 7-speed semi-automatic (S tronic)
- 8-speed automatic (tiptronic) (S4 and 272PS 3.0 TDI only)
Audi A4 trim levels explained
The Audi A4 is competitively equipped and can be ordered in either SE, Sport or S line specification. Key items of standard spec of the Audi A4 are:
- DAB radio
- 17in alloys
- Front & rear parking sensors
- Keyless go
- Three-zone climate control
- Cruise control
- Two USB points
Sport (in addition to SE)
- Sports front seats
- Sat nav
- LED interior lighting pack
- Uprated 17” alloys
- Uprated stereo system
- Three-month trial of Audi’s Connect system
- 18in alloys
- Lowered sports suspension
- LED headlights
- S-line bumpers, skirts and additional styling adornments
- Matt brushed aluminium inlays
- Stainless steel pedals
- Four-way electric lumbar support on driver’s seat
How to spec the Audi A4
The Sport trim level offers a good level of standard equipment and the higher-powered 2.0 diesel offers the best compromise of efficiency with performance. There are some well thought out option packs that are worth consideration. We’d highly recommend the Technology Pack, which includes a larger colour sat nav system, a 10GB music memory, DVD drive for CDs, voice recognition, wireless charging point and Audi’s online Connect system with wi-fi hotspot (although you’ll need a separate SIM card). It also upgrades the instrument binnacle to a 7-inch colour screen, which means drivers can customise the display.
Audi A4 Interior – what’s it like?
The cabin in the Audi A4 is impressively well constructed with high-quality materials used throughout, proving its premium credentials. The dashboard layout is clean, simple and classy. In a sector not renowned for generous interior space in the rear seats, the Audi A4 offers enough room for decent-sized adults in the back, while the 480 litre boot matches the BMW 3-series and is ahead of the Jaguar XE, and enlarges to 965 litres with the rear seats dropped. In the estate A4 Avant, the boot increases to 505 litres or 1510 with the seats folded flat.
The Audi A4 is a class act within the premium brand family car sector and the inclusion of parking sensors, Bluetooth and cruise control on entry level A4s, combined with highly competitive running costs, make it an excellent choice for the company car driver.
Contact us about this vehicle
*Based on 6 advanced payments followed by 35 months and 30,000 miles. Excludes maintenance and additional options. Subject to terms, conditions and status. Images are for illustrative purposes only.