Valuable information, tools and advice for you to view and download.
Arval's Recommended: Ford Transit Custom
Prevent JS Alert
About the Ford Transit Custom
The ford Transit Custom is a mid van sized originally released back in 2012. It has 1 tonne payload and is the smaller sibling of the Ford Transit, which has a 2 tonne payload. The Transit Custom sits in a very competitive market, with rivals including the Mercedes Vito, Vauxhall Vivaro, Citroen Dispatch, and the Peugeot Expert. However, the Ford Transit Custom, has out sold all of its rivals in Europe, and is one of the most popular Ford vehicles on the market behind, Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo.
The Transit Custom is available in 2 lengths and 2 heights, and all versions are Front Wheel Drive, and with the introduction of the new 2.0 EcoBlue engine, you can save fuel, without sacrificing power.
RECOMMENDED FORD Transit Custom
Leasing with Arval
If you are thinking about leasing a Ford Transit Custom then we are on hand to help you every step of the way. With our team of LCV experts we can help you make sure you get the right vehicle for your needs. Leasing a van can be a very cost effective way of getting behind the wheel of a brand new vehicle. You will be able to spread the cost over the term of your contract, and always know what you are paying every month. If you need to know more about the process of leasing a vehicle, then head over to our Arval Explains section, where we will tell you everything you need to know about leasing and the costs involved.
If you want to know more about leasing a van, then take a look at our Van Leasing page for our latest van offers, information on leasing a van, and some useful guides and documents to help you choose the right van. Once you know what vehicle you want, its then time to think about what type of contract you would like. We have 3 options to choose from depending on your needs:
- Economy - Just the vehicle. You get all the benefits of leasing, within a fixed monthly payment. Giving you absolute certainty over your monthly vehicle costs. You will also have the freedom to arrange your own servicing, maintenance, tyres, and insurance.
- Essential - You will receive all the benefits of the Economy package, but with the added convenience of a full maintenance package included within your monthly payments. This will cover routine servicing and premium tyre replacement.
- Total Care - The name says it all. This will provide you with an insured and fully maintained lease vehicle. Just add fuel and drive.
For more information on our products and services available to you, take a look at our Products and Services page
Key features of the Ford Transit Custom range.
- Intelligent Speed Assist - This is new feautre will use speed sign recongnition, to automatically adjust your maximum speed limit, enabling you to concentrate on the road
- Adaptive Cruise Control - Set your speed and the crusie control system will maintain it, until the built in RADAR system detects a vehicle ahead. It will then adjust your speed to maintain a safe distance, until the vehicle is no longer in front of you.
- Blind Spot Information System - The RADAR system will detect vehicles either side of you that may be in your blind spot, and signal them to you with an orange light on the side door mirror
- Cross Traffic Alert - Using the same technology as the Blind Spot Information System, this will give you warnings when you are reversing out of a space with limited view of cross traffic, behind you.
- Rear-View Camera - This will make reversing a lot easier, revealing objects, low walls, or other vehicles that you might miss.
- Rear Air Suspension - This will give you a consistent ride height, even when van is loaded.
- EcoBlue 2.0 litre engine - Compliant with the stringent Euro 6 emissions legislation, the new EcoBlue engine can save you fuel, without comprimising power and torque
- Auto Start-Stop - Whether you are stopped at traffic lights or idling in a traffic queue, the auto start/stop system will swithc off the engine. This can be particularly useful with journeys around town (urban cycle) where fuel consumption can be cut by up to 10%
- Acceleration Control - This optional extra will control the rate of acceleration depending on whether your van is laden or un-laden. You can expect to lower your fuel consumption by up to 15%.
- SYNC 3 - This is Ford's infotainment system, where you can control your phone, music or navigation by either voice control or using the 8" touch screen.
- Comfortable Seats - The front seats have bee re-designed using thicker fabric, revised geometry, and tougher trims for more support and comfort.
- Mobile Office - There is handy storage compartments under the front passenger seat that can easily hold files, a laptop, and other accessories. If you opt for the Trend, Limited or Sport model, you will get a fold out table that you easily place a laptop or clipboard on.
- Load Adaptive Control - The Electronic Stability Control system will adjust according to the weight you are carrying, which will improve stability and control when you driving whether you are carrying anything or not.
- Pre-Collision Assist - This system will warn you of any slow travelling vehicles ahead, pedestrians, or other vehicles that may cross your vehicles path. If you don't respond to the warnings the system will apply the brakes automatically. This will perform best at speeds of up to 50 mph, helping to reduce the severity of an accident.
- 5 Stars - The Transit Custom has attained a 5 start ENCAP rating, making it very safe for you and your passengers.
- Enhanced Airbag system - Now with driver, passenger, curtain and side airbags. The activation system has also been improved.
You may also be interested in...
Not sure whether you need a van or a pick up, then have a look at our helpful insight article to help you decide
Our leasing experts can help you find the right vehicle for you, so give us a call on 01793 266 5602