Home > Customer Support > Money Worries - Customer Support

Money Worries - Customer Support

money worries faq

For questions relating to invoicing, monthly rentals, vehicle road fund charges, billing, and direct debits please see below.

<< go back to customer support section


Is money worrying you? Paying more feels out of the question? Now is the time to ask for help. We're here to explain your options and help you find a way forward. It is important that you let us know at the earliest opportunity by contacting our friendly team.

Our Collections team are available on 0345 266 5241 between 9.00am and 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. Calls to our team are charged at a standard rates and mobiles may vary depending on the provider. There may be some scenarios when it makes more sense to email us. We’ve highlighted these in our FAQs, as well as other teams you may need to contact.

If you have a question for us, we might already have the answer below. This page will be updated regularly with the latest information, therefore, we kindly ask that you take a look here, before contacting us.

Our commitment to you:

  • ·         Be fair, listening to your individual circumstances.
  • ·         Reach out to you as soon as possible, highlighting and discussing any payment worries.
  • ·         Give you reasonable time to pay back anything you might owe.
  • ·         Do everything possible so you can keep enjoying your vehicle.

I’ve missed a payment, my payment hasn’t been taken or I need to make a one off payment, what do I do?

We understand this can happen from time to time. At the moment, we are unable to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or via our digital platform. Therefore, the only way to make a one off payment to Arval is through a direct bank transfer payment. This can be done through your online banking or by contacting your bank.

Below are our bank details to make your payment. Please quote your Arval Account Number (e.g. AA1234 as your payment reference)

Bank Name:

BNP Paribas London Branch

Account payee:

Arval UK Ltd

Sort Code:


Account Number:


If you have used the bank details above, your Arval Account Number as the payment reference and paid the full amount owed, we would have successfully receive your payment. We will always contact you if we haven’t received it.


I’m worried about future payments, what are my options?

We understand that your circumstances may change during your vehicle lease due to unforeseen events. These can be difficult times so we will do everything we can to help you through them. Here are some of the options available:

  • Setup a payment plan to help pay back what you owe. A payment plan is a temporary arrangement where you agree to pay a certain amount of money over a defined period to settle your outstanding balance. This may depend on your circumstances at the time. Simply call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241 and we can start to look into this for you.
  • Return the vehicle back to us earlier than intended. This could be a more cost effective option than keeping the vehicle. We’re happy to provide you with an early termination fee quote but we will need to know your current mileage, please call our Customer Services team on 0370 419 7000 and we will assist you. If you are unable to afford the early termination fee in a one off payment, we are happy discuss a payment plan after the vehicle is returned to us.
  • Contact a debt advice provider to receive free independent debt advice. Please see further information on this page to understand more.
  • Request a change to your contracted mileage. Mileage is a key factor in determining your leasing plan cost. That’s why it’s important to try and understand your future usage upfront but you never know what’s coming round the corner. During your agreement, you may wish to amend your contractual mileage if your actual mileage has changed. This may achieve a change in the monthly rental cost. A mileage amendment can be subject to certain criteria. Please contact your Account Manager or call our Customer Services team on 0370 419 7000 to discuss this.

My direct debit has failed, what can I do?

Your direct debit may be collected either on the day in the month you received your vehicle or next working day if a weekend or bank holiday; or you may be billed on the first working day and your direct debit collected 15 days later or next working day if a weekend or bank holiday. If we are unable to take a direct debit from your account, this is likely because there were insufficient funds for us to collect. We will try and make a second attempt to collect the payment around 3 days later. Please ensure there are sufficient funds in your account for us to collect the payment.

If this also fails, you will have to make a one off payment using a bank transfer to settle the amount owed. Please see further information on this page to understand more.

My direct debit has been cancelled, what should I do?

Please call our Customer Services team on 0370 419 7000 and we will help you setup a new direct debit mandate. The quickest and easiest way to do this is by completing the electronic form we send you. Please provide your Arval reference number, customer name and a secure email address for the person who will complete the direct debit mandate. Alternatively, we can send you the direct debit mandate by email or post. We will need the original document returning to us by post.

Will I lose my vehicle if I don’t pay?

We actually don’t collect that many vehicles as result of customers not paying. We always work hard with our customers to understand their situation and plan a way forward that works for everyone. If you can’t make payment, please call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241 and we will do everything we can to support you.

However, if we don’t hear from you, we will contact you about the missed payment and as a last resort, complete the necessary process to return the vehicle to us.

What might be some of the early warning signs with debt?

Here are some of the warning signs to look out for:

  • You are spending more than you earn.
  • You can’t meet your daily expenditure costs without the need to use your credit card.
  • You are regularly going overdrawn.
  • You are being chased for payment.
  • You are unable to make mortgage or rent payments.


I’m worried about my finances, is there any support available to me?

Yes. You can receive free independent expert advice to support you with any money worries. Advice is typically available through digital and telephone services. If you would prefer face-to-face advice, you can check for services in your area using the Money Advice Service’s Debt Advice Locator tool listed below.




I have recently received independent financial advice from a debt advice provider to help improve my circumstances, what should I do now?

You’ve made a positive step forward seeking debt advice. After receiving advice, you should have received a plan to help you get back on track with your finances. We would need to receive a copy of this plan either from yourself or your debt advice provider, but it always helps if you email our Collections team using Collections@arval.co.uk and provide this information. We will support you during these challenging times.

What are some useful tips to help me budget?

  • Remember every month is different.
  • Regularly track your expenditure.
  • Set yourself achievable financial goals.
  • Aim to create an account buffer.


Visit the Money Advice Service to understand more on how to prioritise your debts.

You have taken a direct debit from my bank account that I wanted to be included in my payment break, what happens now?

We are sorry if this has happened. If this is the case, then you can make an indemnity claim through your bank so that you can get this money credited back to your account. This is the quickest and safest way for you to get your monthly rental back. Once the payment is returned to you, we will add that amount onto your Payment Break. If you are unsuccessful in receiving repayment through the indemnity claim, please email our Payment Break team using paymentbreak@arval.co.uk and we can help you with this.

What are indemnity claims?

Indemnity claims are the method by which a payer can claim their payment back under the direct debit guarantee. Your bank or building society is obliged to offer an immediate refund in the event that a direct debit has been taken in error or without authority. This refund is then claimed back from our bank account. If you are unable to contact your bank or building society to cancel your direct debit Instruction or request an Indemnity Claim, you can call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241 or email Collections@arval.co.uk.

What is a payment plan?

A payment plan is a temporary arrangement where you agree to pay a certain amount of money over a defined period to settle an outstanding balance.

Payment plans are usually put in place to help a customer repay deferred payments during their payment break or repay an amount of money they are unable to afford to pay in a one off payment.

Will my credit rating be affected if I take out a payment plan?

Taking out a payment plan will not have any impact on your credit rating providing that you keep to the arrangement we put into place, and contact us if your circumstances change.

Am I able to make changes to a payment plan?

Yes, we understand that your circumstances may change. Please call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241 and we can look at adjusting your payment plan schedule.

Is my payment plan in addition to any future invoices that I may owe?

Yes. These payments are to be made in addition to any future invoices raised on your account, if you pay by direct debit then any future invoices will be collected by direct debit.

What happens if I miss a payment on my payment plan?

Please be aware that if a payment is missed without warning, the payment plan may be cancelled and the full amount will become due. If you think you are likely to miss a payment, please call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241


I have received a communication notifying me my vehicle is going to be repossessed, what happens now?

It is unlikely your vehicle will be referred for repossession, however if it has been, you should have received a communication from us notifying you of this. From this point on, we will work closely with our Vehicle Recovery Partner who manages the vehicle collection on behalf of Arval. Our Vehicle Recovery Partner will be in touch to arrange collection, inspect the vehicle and return the vehicle to Arval.

My vehicle has been repossessed but I have left personal possessions in my vehicle, what should I do?

Sometimes personal possessions are left in the vehicle that has been repossessed. Therefore, please call our Collections team on 0345 266 5241 and we will locate these for you

I am entering into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement, what do I need to do?

We are sorry to hear this and understand it can be a challenging time so we will make everything that bit easier for you. Your appointed Insolvency Practitioner would need to email our Collections team using Collections@arval.co.uk and provide us with the necessary documentation for us to update your account.

I am being declared Bankrupt, what do I need to do?

We are here to support you with this. After being declared bankrupt, your official receiver will need to email our Collections team using Collections@arval.co.uk and provide us with the necessary documentation for us to update your account.

I am an Insolvency Practitioner or Official Receiver, what information do I need to provide Arval when notifying you of my client’s Insolvency?

We need to know the following information when being notified of any insolvency procedure.

Customer Account Insolvency Information Vehicle Information

Customer Name

·      IP Full Name

·      Vehicle Make, Model & Registration

Customer Account Reference Number

·      Contact number

·      Vehicle location


·      Email address

·      Vehicle contact name


·      Postal address

Vehicle contact number


·      Insolvency Practitioner Number

Vehicle safely parked


Appointment evidence



My business is Insolvent, I want to novate/ transfer the existing agreement to another party, what should I do?

A transfer of contract means a new party takes on the vehicle agreement and all future monthly payments (all stays the same) from the original agreement holder. It is not always possible to complete a novation as a result of an insolvency because it depends on the insolvency procedure being followed. We are unable to accept novation requests for liquidations or for companies that have been dissolved, but other insolvency procedures for business may be eligible to transfer.

All vehicle contracts must have at least a 6 month term remaining. If there is more than a 6 month term remaining on the contract and the insolvency procedure may be eligible for novation, a Business Director (as listed on Companies House) should make contact with their account team. If there are less than 6 months remaining and/ or the insolvency procedure is not eligible for novation, these vehicles will need to be collected and returned to Arval. Your Insolvency Practitioner can email our Collections team using Collections@arval.co.uk and inform us of the novation request at the point of insolvency notification.

Once we have received the relevant information, we will complete appropriate checks, send over the necessary paperwork for the new and existing agreement holders to complete and ensure any outstanding account balances are settled before we complete the transfer.

My business have been granted a Moratorium, what should I do?

Your Insolvency Practitioner (acting as monitor) would need to send us a copy of the Moratorium to our Collections team using Collections@Arval.co.uk. Please let us know the date the moratorium was granted and any changes to the end date

The agreement holder has passed away, what do I need to do?

We are sincerely sorry for the loss of your friend or family member. We will make sure this difficult time is made as easy as possible for you.

Please email our Customer Services team using Customerservices@arval.co.uk, sending a copy of the original death certificate along with a covering letter confirming:

  • The name of the agreement holder.
  • The vehicle registration.
  • Executor’s details including the relationship to the agreement holder. If you would prefer for one of friendly team to help you with this and discuss your options, please call us on 0370 419 7000.


I am the police, I need to request information from Arval, what do I need to do?

The police need to provide a data protection request form to our Collections team using collections@arval.co.uk. Once we have the completed form, we can deal with the police information enquiry.